Completed Spread Part One




This is my completed spread for Paw in Hand, and it is about feeding pets and strays.

I used props to illustrate the topic of the spread. On the left, the pet dog has a cute bib on. This large closeup of this photogenic dog with a big smile with a bib shows that it is eager to eat and makes for an overall adorable shot. By making it encompass the entire page, it holds attention and pleases the hearts of readers. On the right, my dog is seen smiling next to a bag of dog food. This is an intentional pose, as this shows that the dog enjoys her food.
I looked at Catster spreads to get inspiration for my own. I saw that they used one page out of the spread to focus less on writing, and more on the image. I also looked to my audience, as the majority of people that are concerned with the welfare of animals find them cute. Thus by providing them with a focus on cute pictures and less on writing, since people would not want to read large columns, and rather look at the pets and strays, I satisfy the readers.

I planned my spread by doing a sketch of what I envisioned. The final product is very similar to my initial blueprints, so I am glad. This provided for an easy transition from thought to actual work.  I did several photo shoots concerning animals and food as I knew I would want to do a spread on that subject. I would go outside with my two dogs many times and try to get them to settle down for good pictures. This proved to be difficult, as they were ecstatic and would not remain still. I even had to use a toy to get Judy into the right position. I also went to my friends’ houses in attempts to get pictures of their pets eating from a food bowl. I, however, spotted a dog bib when I went to Liliana’s house, and I thought that having her dog wearing it would make for a very cute shot. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Codes and Conventions of Catster and Dogster

Completed Table of Contents Discussion Part Two