Edited Pictures


The following are the four pictures that I have taken to use in my magazine. They have been edited in Photoshop with the intention of including different effects. Those edits and effects will be explained.

This picture of a stray cat at Walmart was the only one of my pictures that was unedited. I love how this shot came out; the lighting is perfect, you can see the cat's heartbreaking facial expression, the wet, col scenery is visible, etc.

What I did to this picture was lower the darkness to emphasize the depressing nature of it. This makes the picture more heart-wrenching and thus would garner a lot of viewer attention, making people want to take action. I did not want to edit anything else because this shot captured every detail I wanted, including the dirty floor,r the dirty rag, the scabs on the dog, etc.

One thing I changed about this picture was the curtain color. I made it yellow because yellow is a happy color, and this picture serves to show a luxuriant side to pet life, which makes the pet happier. This also removes a lot of the brown from the picture since the curtains, the couch, the window blinds, and the dog's fur are brown, a dark color that could be associated with sadness. To avoid this, I also increased the lighting to evoke more positivity, a direct contrast to the previous image.
This picture of my dog and I had the most work done. First off, there was a graphic on the corner of the picture since this was taken on Snapchat, and the app made a circular shape on the corner of the picture (upper right corner). I edited this out. Also, I had a blemish on my face, which I took out for the same reason as the graphic. Both were extraneous and took away from the actual purpose of the video, both were just distracting and so for the audience's sake (and my own so that I am not featured with a big pimple), these were the first things to be changed. Also, I went ahead and increased the brightness of this picture. This high lighting is what I wanted to capture since this again shows well being and love for pets, since it is a sunny day and the dog is smiling with her owner.

When I get more shots for The Paw, I will remember the editing process to enhance my images or maybe just simply correct any errors, similar to what I had to do for the above images.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Codes and Conventions of Catster and Dogster

Completed Table of Contents Discussion Part Two