Mood Board Analysis




Mood Board Analysis


My vision for my magazine topic is animal welfare, and my mood board helps convey this idea. The elements behind the pictures put together the purpose/theme of my magazine, presenting to viewers what it is that I will be talking about. The following is an analysis of that presentation.


One of the first details to note is the color of my mood board. Colors are important since they distinct different themes. By looking at colors, you get an idea of the focus. For example, if looking at a magazine with pink fonts, pink backgrounds, and other instances of pink, you could infer that the magazine is feminine and targeted towards women, thus telling you that this will be about female topics. My color scheme is reflective of those you’d find in nature. Greens, blues, and fur colors are all dominant within the board to demonstrate to the viewer that this is about environmental work. When looking at this, one immediately begins to think that this will discuss nature or even science, not something like fashion.
Font choice is also important since it suggests the tone of a piece. A magazine about cartoons would have playful, colorful fonts. A magazine about movies may have a larger, more bold font to convey the idea of a big/major production. The font I decided to use is a serif style to suggest that my magazine is more formal and addresses a more serious issue in contrast to these other topics. Serifs are the little feet seen on the letters. In fact, you could see them in these sentences. Just by looking at these words, you can tell that this is going to be more formal or educated, which is the effect I am going for.
Pictures are obvious indicators of purpose. Fashion magazines would have models and outfits on the cover. On my cover, the photos used all depict animals or animals being cared for, visually showing readers that the theme of my magazine will be about animals and how to improve their lives/treatment. The reader can infer unity since none of my pictures are outliers. It does not jump from animals to cars, animals to clothes, etc. Everything on the actual board suggests animal life and caring for it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Codes and Conventions of Catster and Dogster

Completed Table of Contents Discussion Part Two